There are plenty of practical uses for a fence: to gain privacy, safely corral kids and pets, block wind and noise, and prevent unsupervised dips in a swimming pool. But the right fence also makes a strong aesthetic statement, improving a home’s overall look and appeal.
The type of fence you choose will not only play a key role in your home’s exterior design but also provide one of the most important benefits of all homes; security. A professionally installed fence gives every homeowner that true sense of home we all desire.
Wooden fencing has become an increasingly popular choice. Why wood? It’s inexpensive and lightweight, but the main reason is that a wood fence can easily be shaped to give properties character and individuality. You can choose from dozens of styles, including linear post-and-rail and crisscrossing lattice, as well as myriad picket patterns and post-cap designs. And you can stain the wood to make it pop out or recede from the landscape as either a vibrant or subtle frame for what’s behind it.
Wood is one of the most popular fencing types. Not only does it give homeowners a sense of privacy with the height wood fencing provides, but they are also one of the more attractive options on the market. They give homeowners a warm and welcoming feeling and without the headache of breaking the bank. Beware that the height and size of your fence will greatly impact the price. The more lumber you need, the more expensive the project will be. On top of that, like all fences, they take a while to install. Therefore, a smaller fence will clearly be cheaper than a larger one. On the plus side, wood fences can easily last the lifetime of your home. Just like hardwood floors, the quality of your fence will greatly depend on the type of wood you choose. Needless to say, you have plenty to choose from.
Wood has a lot going for it that makes it a more popular choice than other materials. The following are some of the benefits that wood fencing can provide to homeowners:
- Wood fencing is inexpensive – It costs significantly less to invest in wood fencing than it does to use other materials, such as stone, brick, steel or iron. This makes wooden fencing both cost-effective and aesthetically
- Wood fencing will improve the curb appeal – Although cheaper than other materials, wood fencing can still look extremely beautiful and can complement the look of your property. Wood has a traditional beauty that few other materials can match, and it certainly looks better than materials that are cheaper than wood, such as chain link fences.
- Wood fencing is flexible – The biggest advantage of using wood for your property’s fencing is that it is an extremely flexible material. It can be shaped to give your property a unique look. There are dozens of different styles that you can choose from – and they can be painted in various colours too. Although other materials may have their own advantages, this is typically not one of them. There’s only so much that you can do with steel or stone in terms of the fence’s aesthetic.
There’s more to choosing a wood fence to install than just deciding what species of wood to use. Wood fences come in dozens of different styles. Choosing what type of wood fence to use depends on a number of factors that reflect your particular needs, from your personal tastes to the function you want your fence to provide. The following are some of the more common wood fence options:
- Picket Fences– Picket fences are better suited for improving curb appeal and defining the boundary around your property. They can also keep children and animals out of your yard.
- Vertical Boards – For a fence that can do a more effective job securing your property as well as helping block out the wind and noise, vertical boards are a good option. The smaller the gap between boards, the more privacy you’ll have.
- Lattice Fences– Lattice fences are great if you want to privacy and security but want to allow sunlight and the wind to come through. This makes lattice fences a good option for gardens.
- Louver Fences– Louver fences use staggered boards so that they provide privacy when viewed straight on, but allow you to see outside your property from an angle. This means that airflow and sunlight can still get through and you can still enjoy a view but will still retain some privacy while providing security as well. Louver fences are a good fit for pool areas, decks, and patios.
- Dog Eared Fences– If you want complete privacy and security, dog eared fences are a good choice. They make use of vertical boards without any gap between them, thereby creating a solid wall. Dog eared fences are a popular option for properties where the land is uneven since you can modify the fence sections to fit your property without breaking the flow or uniform look of the fence.
Wood fencing remains one of the most popular fencing choices for good reason. As you can see, there are a lot of options to consider, which makes it easier to find a wood fence that fits your particular wants and needs. For all your wooden fencing needs, contact Poles Galore today!